Roasted Beet Salad With Fennel and Orange
I always find that in the fall I start craving new foods. I just had to have this and will be making it again in the near future.
1 bulb of fennel, (bulb part only, sliced very thin)
1 large orange, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
1/4 c chopped flat leaf parsley
1 t. Dijon mustard
1 t. red wine vinegar
1/4 c orange juice (fresh squeezed if available)
1 t olive oil
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
1. Trim off greens (save for another use) Scrub beets clean. Loosely wrap in tin foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 40 minutes or until tender.
2. Combine fennel, orange and parsley in a bowl
3. Whisk together the mustard, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and orange juice set aside.
4. Remove beets from oven and let cool until you can handle. peel off skins and cut into bite sized pieces. Place chopped beets in the bowl and stir to combine with the fennel mixture.
5. Toss with dressing
7. Let chill in refrigerator a minimum of 1 hour before serving.